Monday, July 28, 2014

The Week

Hello!!! (three exclamations so you can hear me across the ocean :))

This week has been fantastic! There is no way to not realize that this is the work of the Lord. I am so grateful for the time to continue progressing and growing closer to God. Everything points to him. Everything from the people we talk to, the food we eat, the trials we face, the temptations we overcome, the people that change and the miracles we see. Everything we do fills us with love and the spirit. It is awesome!

This week was full of work :)
We had a harvest in ValdepeƱas. 10 companionships went out and we contacted for about an hour and a half. We found 75 people ready to recieve us. It is going to be a huge help for the missionaries in ValdepeƱas. Afterwards I stayed there to do an intercambio with Elder Hampel. It was awesome. We served a family of colombians and really gained their confidence. After we finished helping them move they invited us over the next day to eat before I left to come back to Alcazar. After we ate The father accepted to be baptized. We set the date for the 23rd and he was like, "the 23rd eh...... ok the 23rd it is." It was super awesome because he is a committed man. It was a great experience :) I love this work.

Here in Alcazar we are working tight with the members and have received over 100 referencias! It´s incredible. My mission president gave me a promise about 5 months ago that I would be able to work calmly and powerfully as a missionary from that point on and it is definitely being fulfilled. We continue to see blessings and miracles. This sunday we have 4 baptisms planned! All four of them need to recieve an answer this week haha...... but we have a ton of faith that God will answer them. He alsways does when they ask :: I´m very confident in that. 
One of the Ladies preparing to be baptized said she would only be baptized if she heard God´s voice telling her to do so. So the spirit told me and my companion to promise her just that. :D It was super powerful. I will let you know about their experiences next week :) 

About the 10 friends we found last week. We have only been able to visit 1 of the families and only the daughter wanted to listen to us. It´s ok though. the other 9 will definitely accept us. 

This week our Converts also went to EFY or FSY. On sunday all the youth bore their testimonies and the Armenian family with Rosi and Estella were there in Church. Estella was rubbing her arms the whole time and telling us every 5 minutes how she had goose bumps and felt incredible. She just needs to get married!!! AHH. 
Right now I am studying in the Bible! Some of the stories in there are crazy! Almost all of them are unbelievable But I love the lessons it teaches and the spirit it brings to my days. The scriptures are true and it is easy to find out if you read them and pray about them :) Simple as that.

I promise you strength and blessing as you dedicate your time to God. There is nothing more important than putting him first. Like it says in Matthew 6:33  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Do you want ALL things added unto you? Then don´t worry about the things of the world. :) God is all powerful. Confide in him!
I love you all. The mission is the greatest!
Love, Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment