Monday, March 31, 2014

Transfers

Helloooo Familia! :)
How are you all doing? How is the weather? I hope you are still enjoying snow capped mountains because WE ARE!! I love it so. :)
 This week was kind of a bitter sweet one because we did a ton of good work and found and taught but I have some sad news.... My companion is leaving me :( He is an awesome kid with very little time on the mission. We have a ton in common and we had so much fun in these past two transfers, it was incredible but it is time for him to move on. My new companion is Elder Navarro from the Canary Islands off the coast of Spain. Native, baby! I am really happy about that :) But President told me I am going to need to be patient.... That is never a good sign :P But I feel like I am going to grow a ton as a missionary in this transfer. It is a good feeling :)
This past week was really fun because we went to a lot of members! Like 4 haha. I know that may not sound like alot but member lessons are scarce in our area. We have 8 missioanaries in our ward so we have to divide up lessons with everyone, but that was really fun to eat and be with them :) Spanish people are so funny haha. Every day they are just so lazy from 2 to 5 in the afternoon. We would get there at two, eat, and then leave at around three or three thirty. I woild then ask them as we were leaving what they had planned for the rest of the afternoon and they would say nothing. They just sit around their table and do nothing. Haha it is hillarious! I know they aren´t that lazy of people but during their "nap time" they take resting pretty seriously.
We also had a zone conference in Malaga and I got to talk with Lucila, the first person I baptized and it was great! She is now living in Malaga again and she is doing so well!! I was so happy. It was also so fun to see alot of missionaries that I haven´t seen for a while too.
We received alot of direction from President about obedience and the power that comes from obedience. I love obedience because it is one of those things that you see the blessings of. Well at least for me. When I am obedient I feel good. I feel the Spirit stronger. I feel like a succesful missionary!
 We were also taught many things of great value that I can not explain at this time, for the screen that I write on says that I have five minutes of time left. I will use these precious minutes to write concerning the power of God.
There is no greater peace that comes when we are living the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have felt and seen the many blessings that come from the Atonement. Peoples lives are changed and put into order. Families are made stronger and problems are made right. I wish everyone could learn of and accept this great gospel. It really is so amazing. But really I am so happy all of the time :) I know that god listens to and answers our prayers. He guides us through the whisperings of the spirit. We are children of God. We have a divine lineage. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I know who I am and what I need to do to become like my Father in Heaven. It is only possible through Jesus Christ. He is our brother and friend. As we confide and trust in him everything will be made whole. I know that God exists and we lived in his presence.
And these things were written for the convincing of men according to the things of god.
I love scripture language too ;P
I love the mission! It is the greatest.
Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment