Thursday, April 10, 2014

Family :)

Hi Family!
Well first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rebecca! I hope you have an awesome week and know that I love you :) Well I love all of you but Rebecca just a little bit more this week ;)
This week was super weird! like really though. Ok so my comp gets here and he is awesome! A little weird and everything but hey, he is still a good guy. We had visited practically everyone in the beginning of the week so Elder Sykes could say goodbye to people and by the end of the week were were just contacting like a ton! Anyway things starting getting crazy once the weekend hit. 
We were really excited for conference like every missionary should be. So we get home from a lunch appointment and my companion says, "um, elder.... Is there supposed to be water all over the floor?"  "What?" I say as I run into the room. So it turns out all of our pipes clogged and when ever anyone used water in the apartments above us it flooded down into our piso. It was pouring out of the sink and the dishwasher and the washer and it was crazy! Like one of those hillarious movies where the guy is shocked as he sees water running everywhere :P But after a few minutes it all stopped so there was just water on the floor.
Then my companion says, "welp, I need to go to the bathroom...." So he leaves the kitchen like it is no big deal hahha. Wow, so I called around and no one was answering when all of a sudden more water started pouring out of the wall behind the Washer! "Oh NO Oh No" I start yelling as I run to the bathroom to tell Elder Navarro more water is coming! Then the water stops again, So we walk over to the president of the building and he comes and we kind of got it figured out when MORE water start flooding in. But ALOT! So he started freaking out and tried to run to call someone and was slipping everywhere. My companion was just sitting  in the family room saying to himself, "Why, why, why. Why do such inconvenient things happen on days, when we are going to hear the prophet. That is going to be my "question" I want answered in the conference." And then I was just standing in the middle of the kitchen in a pond of water, laughing. It was so hillarious :) So we missed one session.
Then we missed another session because we were teaching which was ok. But then we got permission to watch the last session in the Church at 10 PM because of the time difference and everything when 30 minutes before it was about to start a virus attacked the computer and it shut down!!! It was the craziest thing ever! So we missed alot of conference. But We ended up having a miracle as we were trying to fix the computer. After about 30 minutes one of the heremanas who is brand new with 6 weeks on the mission was like, "why haven´t we prayed?" So we prayed, finished and clicked the mouse and everything was fixed!! Super awesome! Prayer is super powerful. Especially from someone with such pure faith. But it was then too late to watch it.
Anyway, :) It was quite the weekend and an interesting way to start the transfer.
I saw a theme though in conference to show courage and stand up for what we believe in. We ARE members of the church of JESUS CHRIST. We ARE happy. We ARE hopeful. We DO have a great message that everyone needs to hear. SHARE your testimony please :) It is necessary. You NEED to do it.
I love the mission and will always love my mission.
Love Elder Powell
P.S Summer is coming to Spain. It is the Best :D

No comments:

Post a Comment