Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oct 6, 2014 - CONFERENCE!!

Wow what a great weekend!! What a great week overall! :) 

I loved conference and we saw some great miracles this week. One of the greatest miracles was on a day of trials! Tuesday we had done everything we could, passed by everyone, hit every plan we had and still had an hour left to the day! (That last hour is the worst when you have no plans left, just so you know ;) So I finally just sat down and called every old investigator in my phone. I called about 50 people and only 1 said we could come by later in the week on Saturday. We didn´t think much of it until we finally visited her. We come to find out that she had been taught all the lessons and was ready to be baptized about a year ago, but wasn´t married to the man she was living with. But this week that man had left her and moved to a different city :D She came to conference, is living the commandments, is coming to church next week and is a super prepared lady. I love this work!! 

We had a lot of investigators and converts come to church which was great. Conference brings a powerful spirit. I like watching it in english way better to hear the emotion in everyones voices but spanish was good too. :) In Cheryl A. Esplins talk the translator started crying when she started talking about how Christ is really the one offering us the sacrament. It was super powerful to hear the translator struggling through her tears. I love the Gospel! :D

I Loved every talk! All of my questions were answered, like always, and many other things were learned. I feel like we are continually being taught little by little higher laws to follow and I love it! I love the continual progression and continual conversion. I don´t have all of my notes with me but one talk that comes to my mind right now was the talk by Jorg Klebingat. Packers talk was great, Hollands talk was great, and many other power houses, but I loved how Elder Jorg stated, "I will speak boldy hoping to edify and not to offend. 1 TAKE responsibility for your own spiritual well being. STOP blaming others or your circumstances. STOP justifyng and STOP making excuses for why you aren´t fully striving to be obedient!" I loved it. It was bold and powerful. I feel like I have mentioned this subject a few times but I LOVE Obedience and I love the feelings of being obedient as we give into the will of God.

 I love the mission and I love the people here. We are Gods children. He is our Father. 
Love, Elder Powell

Displaying DSC01968.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment