Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oct. 27, 2014 - WO!

Well familia, It has been a fantastic Last week of the mission :,)

It´s kind of sad, because when I think of this week and the coming weeks I just think of what I need to do to help my investigators and converts continue to progress. haha. I am going to miss it here in the field.

But get this! We passed our goal as a mission to find 888 new investigators this week and we found 897! It was great :) We have been working so closely with all the members and investigators here it is wonderful!

This past week a member family of 5 were waiting here in the city to pick someone up at the tren station and had to wait a few hours. so they passed by this investigator who is 19 and he ended up cooking for all of them! The member family got to know him AND his two sisters. The next day we went by the member family and they had invited the same young man and his sisters for a noche de hogar. What great family member work! He is getting baptized on the 15th. Im gonna miss it by that much. :P

In these past 2 weeks the work has just been like that every day. Lots of new families, lots of member work and lots of baptism dates. I love progress in a branch ;) And I love being able to be here to see it.

I just realized that this probably doesn´t interest a lot of people and I should be talking about home hahaha ;) 
Well it is going to be great to come home and see everyone. I´m super excited for ski season, finding a job, going on dates, watching movies and starting College! But let´s get real, is there anything better than teaching people in Spain about Eternal Salvation.....? Ok, maybe teaching someone about Eternal Salvation WHIIILE skiing down a snow covered mountain ;) but that´s about it! It really is so great.

I have learned so much during the mission that is going to help me stay strong in the Gospel for my entire life. And do you want to know what they are: Reading, Praying, and going to church.:D If you don´t believe me I dare you to do it and see what Happens ;)
There is so much more to it but that is the foundation.

I know my strengths, my goals, my standards and I will stand for them always. This is the work of an Eternal Being. This is the church of Jesus Christ who is the Saviour and Redeemer of the world. There is no doubt in my being! I have testified of this for years and I will continue to do so. I am a missionary,  "And I, [Elder Powell], will not deny the Christ... (Moroni 1:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment