Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Milagrasos! Miracles!

Hello Family!

This week was just weird. My comp went home to Barcelona.... It was sad :( But only for a day to renew his residency papers :D It was super weird because he came back like on cloud 9 because he was with his family for a day and he was treated like a king! So I was on exchanges for monday and tuesday. Then we had a few days to work and then I headed to Malaga again to pick up my DNI Card for Spain. I can live here until 2016!! So I´m thinkin about staying for a while. Maybe find work, study for a year, who knows. ;)
But I went on this awesome bullet train that goes 300 kilometers an hour. It was a dream!

We are doing good as comps. Elder Peroni ALWAYS has energy. It is great. We are still working hard and seeing miracles. Our number 1 right now is this girl from Ecuador named Estefania. she is 21 and really nice. she is a friend of one of the recent converts here.

 Anyway we taught her this past week about the Law of Chastity and she asked if she was sinning and we said "Yes!" It was kind of bold but exactly what she needed. Right after she asked, "how do I correct it then? Is it hopeless?" There was this pause......
The recent convert then looked at us, "Are you going to tell her or what!?" We said, "You tell her."
 So she looked at her friend and said, "You can be baptized to become completely clean. :)" It was super special. Someone who had recently been baptized, invited her friend to also be baptized! We then kept teaching and finished. A few days later Thalía, the recent convert told us that Esefanía is going to be baptized.
Estefanía invited us over on Sunday again and we taught her boyfriend the gospel. we shared about Joseph Smith and we asked him if he wanted to learn more and he said, "NO." Super nice but didn´t want anything to do with us. But Estefanía looked at us and said, "I still do. I feel something good and I know this is true!" She is super prepared. We now just have to work with them to see if they are going to get married or move out for a while.....
The Spirit is powerful. As we share the gospel with pride and with out temor the spirit can testify powerfully. I am proud to be a missionary of Christ. It is great :) The message we share is so amazing. There is so much mercy and love on the part of our heavenly father and so much courage and sacrifice from the people we teach so that they can change. It is such a privilege to see.

I love the mission and I love being a missionary.
Love, Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment