Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas :)

It is so crazy that Christmas is in 5 days! Thank you everyone for the packages, cards, presents and food! It has been fantastic :) I don't know if I'll have time to write letters to you because we cleaned the Temple today for about 4 hours :) Which I will tell you about in just a second. But Merry Christmas! I love you and wish I could be there to celebrate Christmas with all of you. Christmas is great! I love how it reminds us of Jesus' birth. I know Jesus is our savior and that he suffered and died for us. Without the Atonement we wouldn't be able to be forgiven of anything and would never be allowed to return with our Heavenly Father. It is so important to use the atonement every day, even for the little things. I know that is true and I know that as we are obedient and strive to be perfect, we are becoming more like Christ. That is the purpose of this life. Sometimes it is hard to remember but this life is so short and all we are are asked to do is show our Faith in Jesus Christ by acting and becoming like him. Creencia is when you don't act on what you know and have learned but faith is when you act.
Hope that made sense.

This week I have been trying to be 100% obedient. It has been such a blessing. Also I read Kameron's letter about how when he is working his hardest that is when he has the most peace. It is so true. As we are working and being diligent to follow the savior we are more at peace and really feel our Father's Love. 

  Oh and yeah! I saw president Morgan and got to give him a big hug and then I hosted his grand son on his first day at the MTC. That was fun! 
I still haven't gotten a letter that I've been reassigned yet So I'm still waiting on that. It's super hard to NOT know yet. I think I will get it tonight though. We will see.

Um Congratulations Jared and Victoria (I like that name ;)) You are probably married RIGHT NOW! Yep that is definitely weird. i am so excited for you guys. If I have a nephew when I get home I would be so excited. Haha I'm kind of joking.... but not really :P You should name him Fawx. It's probably the most best name on the planet. 

I love you guys. Rebecca, I have read your letter so many times because it always makes me laugh and smile. I love it :) Adam I loved your letter and all the stickers and drawings you made! It was fantastic! Rachel you are great. Please keep writing :) i loved the santa you drew me and I'm workin on that line you sent me haha. I will write you soon but there is so much to study and focus on here! 
 
Ahh I forgot to tell you about the temple! So we were there for four hours and it was amazing. We were able to serve the lord, by LITERALLY cleaning His house with about 40 other LITERAL Servants of the lord. The Spirit was strong and it always is in the temple. Try and go there as often as you can. Tanner and Rachel you should try and go a few times a months! It will strengthen your relationship with eachother as well as your relationship with the Lord. Oh and at the end we were able to go into the Brides room.... Why are girls so lucky!! It was almost as cool as the celestial room. Not quite but almost. 

Anyway. Hasta proximo semana
Vaya Con Dios
Love Elder Powell

P.S I have everything I need for my mission but I would love some ties for Christmas. :) It will last the longest and its the only thing I can change every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment