Thursday, November 8, 2012

Diligencia - Nov. 8, 2012

Alright people listen up :) CHINA WILL BE OPENING WITHIN 18 MONTHS! Isn't that unbelievable?! You're right, it is unbelievable and I've only heard some rumors and I can't really research that, so... I don't think it's true. But thats what the rumors are like in the MTC haha! Everything here is awesome! We have created new games in our apartment, we speak spanish like all the time now so that is so fun. Especially when we mess up or say a wrong word that has a terrible meaning hahaha :P I love the letters from everyone. They really do become your favorite thing from the outside world. Just the thought is great. I will be writing lots of letters today because I don't really have a lot of time on here. Plus I'm not really a fast typer and I don't really have a lot to say. The MTC is same old same old. Which is really cool!! But at the same time I can't wait to head off to spain and be walkin down some cobblestone street and meeting some old guy that we could change and share such a great message with. Oh my Visa has been delayed which means I wont be leaving next week but I will be leaving in december probably. They said that the last missionary that went to spain was in august :/ So we will see how that whole thing works out. This week I have been focused on trusting in the lord as well as becoming like christ. And boy have I learned alot. I started this goal last wednesday and it's amazing what can happen when you stay diligent. Here's just a little taste of what happened. So I started this goal with a prayer and then boom! Reading my scriptures and like every verse is talking about becoming like and relying on the lord. But a good one is Proverbs 3:5-6. It is so calming to know we can rely on him for everything. Then the next day in our 8 hours of directed class time we talked on.... yep becoming like christ and relying on him to do it. Then on sunday we had a fireside about becoming a disciple of christ. See a pattern? And then on the following tuesday I learned the most. Tuesday are our firesides when we hear from the seventy or someone important like that but Elder Zwick taught how to be like christ and his wife taught on trusting in the lord. I've learned I need to give my whole heart, mind and will to the lord. It seemed a little strange because I thought we were already doing that as missionaries. But it is more than that we have to have a change of heart. We have to realize that we rely on him for learning, for teaching, for loving. It is so hard if he isn't at the center. It is a strange change for me only because it doesn't happen immediately. So i am now working on patience haha. But then becoming like christ ties in really well. We need to speak, act, work, and even think like christ as missionaries. As I've worked on both of these, everything has become easier. Like I'm not even kidding. It's like I have a recording mind that keeps everything I see, Hear and speak and I can play it back at any time to learn or teach. The language has definitely been hard to work with but with dlligence I can learn perfectly. When I get into a lesson I know exactly what and how to say it. It is really cool. It isn't easy but I know that because I have kept Christ as the focus everything will work. I hope to hear from everyone soon! The work is coming along and it is great! Try and focus on christ this week. Like really think to your self WWJD hahaha :) My letter next week will definitely be longer! Love ya! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment