Monday, November 25, 2013

Intercambios!

Hi Everyone! I´m staying in Alicante for one more transfer! I am super excited about that:) That means I will get to spend Christmas here! 
Anyway, this week has been great. On Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving a little early but it was really fun! We cooked turkey legs, Mashed potatoes, Stuffing, Corn, gravy and to finish it off we had homemade pumpkin pie. One of the hermanas literally cooked a pumpkin in the oven and then used it to make a pie. Delicious!!
Then hursday started our intercambios for the transfers. Oh man. It was great. Thursday night i went to San Vicente (a little pueblo here in Alicante) and we were able to set a baptismal date with one of their investigators. We taught a few good lessons but we had quite the experience at one of our eating appointments.

STORY: So we were finishing the day and I din´t realize we were ging to go to an eating cita! This is after a thanksgiving feast at around two and then we ate a small meal at a members at 4 and now we were headed to eat a huge meal with a member. Now my companion said that if we didn´t eat the food we wouldn´t be invited back. It happened to the other Elders and they haven´t been invited back in months! 
So we get there and there is no man there so we ended up eating in the hallway/entry way of her apartment. That is what makes the story even funnier :D
My companion is feeling awful and we start with a soup. In the soup there are these weird rubbery yellow balls. They were some type of egg yolk but not so tasty. Elder Ellsworth is gagging and I am just laughung at the whole situation when he says, "I cant take it anymore!" He stands up, walks to the window and throws the egg yolks out of the apartment building!! I couldn´t hold in my laughs haha. Don´t worry though,the sister who was feeding us was in the kitchen when he did that. But it hit some metal thing and made a loud noise. "what was that!" She Yelled. "I.... I don´t know..... how strange" He says haha:P
He finally tells her he is sick but I keep eating. She then pulls out this huge plate of noodles and rice and octopus. Oh boy. Yum.
 So I Am sitting there and she leaves again. I look at my companion and just pout, "Please Help me" ..... He whips out his napkin and we both just grab handfuls and stick it in to our coat jackets!! We we were laughing and feeling so horrible but it was just such a funny situation.
So that is my story. I kind of just ran out of time telling that but thats allright. 
I then headed up to Alcoi in the mountains for the second Intercambio. It was a miracle up there. We found three new people to teach. Had a bunch of references given to us and we were teaching at practically every moment! Good times :)

We then headed straight to the church for a church activity that the missionaries planned. We did an "Open doors"activity where we had food and games so people could bring their friends and then we gave a tour to explain what we actually do in our church meetings. Super good activity!

We set a baptismal date with the son of Enriquetta this week so they both will be baptized on the 14th of december. Also the sisters started teaching her brother so that is awesome to see the whole family progress as we are working together as 4 missionaries! We are being blessed so much and we know that it is all coming from Heavenly Father!  “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I 
will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I 
can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in 
this land, for which we will praise his name forever.” (Alma 26:12) 

Spiritual thought of the day: I was reading about knowledge in the attributes of christ section in Preach my Gospel and i learned about the Importance of continuing to build upon your knowledge. Yes, I knew that but it just gave me a new drive to continue to keep learning and"build precept upon precept, Line upon Line." I know that as we deepen our understanding of the gospel with the help of revelation and the spirit we will strengthen our foundation of truths to be able to testify powerfully to our friends and family! Gain and strengthen your testionies :)

Oh we also went to a soccer game ;)





The Mission is the greatest!

Love Elder Powell





No comments:

Post a Comment